Sunday, September 19, 2010

My teenage relief

Dawson’s Creek has always been a part of my life. I first started watching it while I was in High school and I have been a religious follower ever since. Yes, I know I’ve heard all of the jokes so spare me. While traveling Europe I came across this soppy teen box set. After watching the first season I made it my soul purpose to purchase every single season. And what a wonderful purchase it was. I watched season-after-season balling my eyes out (Jen’s death in the end gets to me every time!). I absolutely love the optimistic views to love, friendship and live. Ironically I’ve never been a big fan of the Dawson, Joe and Pacey triangle but I’ve always found myself identifying with Jack and Jen (I know big surprise!) So my recent visit home, after many dramatic changes in my life, I’ve once again grabbed at my six-box set with the hope to find some answers. Yes, I’ve actually joined a group on Facebook saying, ‘I believe all the answers in life lies in a Dawson’s Creek episode.” The last couple of days I’ve been stuck to my laptop’s screen pondering my own existence while… sobbing my eyes out (don’t judge!). I love it.

This teenage soppy series has encouraged me to share with you guys my 5 most inspiring quotes from Dawson’s Creek:

1.“I want you to love to the tips of your fingers and when you find that love wherever you find it, whoever you choose don't run away from it. But you don't have to chase it either. You just be patient and it will come to you…” (Jen)

2.“I'm scared that I'm going to end up alone. I'm scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend, or brother, or confidant, never quite somebody's everything.” (Jack)

3.“Well, it’s like a best friend, but more. It’s the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It’s someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don’t make you a better person; you do that yourself because they inspire you. A soul mate is someone who you carry with you forever. It’s the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you’ll always love that person. Nothing can ever change that." (Dawson) ***

4.“What's real -it terrifies all of us. If you think that anything of any value in this world comes at an easier price - you’re wrong.” (Jen)

5."I want you to spend a lot of time at the ocean because it makes you dream.” (Jen)

I now leave you all with this thought, [he screams in a shrill but desperate voice] WHY DOES JEN HAVE TO DIE IN THE END!?

No comments:

Post a Comment